Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving Break

For Thanksgiving, my family doesn't partake in the traditional large family gatherings. This would prove difficult, since my extended family doesnt live in the US. Instead, we have just had simple Thanksgivings at home. We have created our own tradition of going to Hilton Head each Thanksgiving for the past 10 years, with a few exceptions.

This past Thanksgiving we continued that tradition with another journey to the beach. The weather was fantastic, and I was wearing shorts on Wednesday and on Thanksgiving. It's always been a great time to relax on the beach, ride bikes, and golf as a family. This year was especially fun because we all see each other much less now that my younger brother is in college.

I have thoroughly enjoyed creating our own tradition of going to the beach, as its a nice break from the usual surroundings and provides a relaxed setting. Although this tradition has been fun, once I start a family, I am looking forward to what will most likely end up being large family gatherings at the lake as a new tradition.

No comments: